So next week is my birthday and every year I find myself craving this coconut pie. So, I make it for myself, using the card that an ancient magazine clipping is taped onto.
This recipe is straight out of the 80’s. You literally put everything except the coconut in a blender. The crust makes itself out of the biscuit mix. You then sprinkle the top with sweetened coconut, that toasts in the oven. It has been called the impossible pie, because in my opinion, it is impossible to screw up!! So if you are looking for a bit of nostalgia in a pie plate give this one a try.
Enjoy!! Let me know if you try this, by commenting and tagging Weekly Eatz on IG and Facebook!!
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 butter (I would bring to room temp or soften a bit)
- 1&1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine milk, sugar, biscuit mix, eggs, butter and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased 9 in pie pan.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with coconut.
- Bake for 40 minutes.