Recently, I was looking through the Betty Croker Bridal Cookbook that we received for our wedding (almost 16 years ago–yikes) and I landed on this recipe. My kids don’t normally go for oatmeal cookies but I figured we’d give them a try. They were a big hit! They are chocolatey in the best way with a great texture. I’m hoping now that my kids realized oatmeal cookies won’t poison you I can start adding more varieties to the mix!! Here’s the recipe, originally from Betty Crocker.
Chocolate Oatmeal Chewies (originally from Betty Crocker’s Cookbook -Bridal Edition)
- 1&1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2&2/3 oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat sugar, butter, milk and egg on medium speed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Drop dough in rounded tablespoons about two inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookie on cookie sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.