I love a good oatmeal raisin cookie. My children on the other hand prefer oatmeal chocolate chip, so for this week I made one batch of cookie batter, divided it in half and made us all happy. I succeeded and that’s totally unusual around here!! I hope these cookies make you just as happy!!
Oatmeal Raisin/Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chocolate chips if splitting the batch
- 1 cup raisins or chocolate chips if making one whole batch
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, or a large bowl if using a hand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- Add the flour and oatmeal mixture and beat until just combined, set empty bowl aside.
- If making a mixed batch of cookies, divide the dough in half and put one half in the bowl you used for the dry ingredients. Stir raisins, into one bowl of batter and chocolate chips in the other. **If making one batch stir in the whole cup of raisins or chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in tablespoon mounds onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. The edges should be slightly golden brown.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.