My daughter’s birthday is in July. These were the cookies I was going to post on her birthday week. They are her favorite, actually anything that is double chocolate is her favorite. I mean can you blame her. Well, I decided that these cookies needed to be made NOW!! What can be better than a giant pile of amazing chocolate, chocolate chip cookies to get you through another day of quarantine!! We ate these cookies at an alarming rate. I normally would have cared, but these days we have way bigger things to worry about then eating too many cookies! I hope you will use them to lift some spirits in your house like we did in mine!! Enjoy and stay safe!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (originally from the Food Network, click here for the original recipe)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups chocolate chips
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl combine butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla and cocoa.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool.