For those of you that don’t know me in real life, my husband is in the restaurant business, specifically Mexican restaurants. They use Cinnamon Toast Crunch in an ice cream at the restaurants, so I decided to try it in a cookie. Who doesn’t love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?? I ate handfuls while making these and I made more than one batch, while testing the recipe. A lot of Cinnamon Toast Crunch was harmed in the making of these cookies!!!
As always, enjoy! xoxo,
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch, crushed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. I use a fork or a whisk for this part.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. I use a stand mixer, but a hand mixer works, too.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour mixture until well combined.
- Place Cinnamon Toast Crunch in a plastic zip lock bag and using whatever you have that can crush cereal, crush the cereal into small pieces, almost crumbs. If the pieces are too large they will develop a funny, hard texture when baked.
- Stir in the cereal and chocolate chips into cookie batter.
- Drop by rounded spoonful (I used a small cookie scoop) onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes; Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.