Week 21!!! Crazy! I have been baking cookies in quarantine for 10 weeks! This week we all needed a little pick me up and these cookies were just the thing to do it. I don’t use peanut butter a ton in baked goods, but when I do I forget how much I like it. The same thing happens with peanut butter ripple ice cream. I never buy it, but if I decide to get it, I am in heaven. That’s what these cookies did for me. A little slice of heaven whilst surrounded by demanding children who I have not been apart from in 10 weeks!!! Whenever I had one they just gave me a little pick me up and it was totally the peanut butter chips. As I write this, I know there is a bag of these cookies in the freezer taunting me, excuse me while I give in to temptation and find a closet to hide in away from my children. Until next week!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl if using a hand mixer, combine butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and cocoa and mix until combined.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (I used a small cookie scoop) onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool.
*I had a 10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips and was left with about a quarter cup, if you want to have more peanut butter in your cookies use the whole 10 ounce bag.