You are going to go nuts over these Pistachio Cookies! Ok, terrible joke but awesome cookies. The secret ingredient in these is the pistachio pudding mix. It gives them an extra pistachio boost throughout every cookie.
My time saving tip is to buy pre-shelled pistachios. I couldn’t find any when I made these so I spent a long time shelling them. It wasn’t too terrible if its your only option, the cookies are totally worth it, but if you can find them go with the pre-shelled.
Also, The baking time depends on how you want your cookies done. Less time if you like a softer, chewy cookie another minute or two if you like a little crunch on the outside.
My husband said that these were definitely one of his favorites out of all the cookies I have made. I hope you like them as much as he did!!
Pistachio Cookies (adapted from Sugar Dish Me, to see the original recipe click here)
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package pistachio instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups shelled, chopped, unsalted pistachios
What to do…
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop shelled pistachios. This can be done in a food processor, just make sure not to chop too long or the pistachios will turn into a paste. Set aside.
- Combine softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl if using a hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped pistachios.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop drop the cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.