Some weeks cookies just come to me, sometimes they don’t. This week I just could not decide on a cookie. Ask anyone I saw! I was constantly asking for ideas, especially after a few cocktails. We were with friends and I asked them. Our friend, Chris kept throwing out ideas and his wife and I kept shooting him down. He ultimately gave up! In our defense he kept suggesting traditional holiday cookies. I will get to all of those but just not in August. Ultimately, I was lamenting about my indecisiveness to my friend Becky and the next thing I know she texted me a picture of a S’Mores cookie and bam, a decision was made. I found the original yummy recipe by Sam on the Sugar Spun Run blog. To see her recipe click here.
This cookie blends all the traditional S’Mores flavors we all love into a slightly less messy package and great for those times when a fire pit isn’t readily available. This recipe makes a lot of cookies. So if you are not feeding a crowd, you might want to 1/2 it, or freeze some of the dough for later. The baked cookies can also be frozen. I just stick mine in doubled up freezer bags. If your cookies ooze all over, it is not a big deal. The marshmallows melt and get ooey and gooey. My husband was joking that he love the “ugly” cookies the best. So, thanks to Becky you get another week of cookies and thanks to Chris I’ll have plenty of holiday cookie ideas!!
- 2&1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1&1/4 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3&1/2 full sized milk chocolate bars, chopped
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, graham cracker crumbs, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt) and set aside.
- Chop chocolate bars and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl if using a hand mixer cream butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, and chopped chocolate into cookie dough.
- Portion cookies into 1&1/2 in balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet until able to be easily transferred to a cooling rack to cool completely. If you move them too early they will pull apart.