My youngest has been asking me to make these cookies for awhile and I figured this week was the perfect time. We just finished our first week of virtual schooling and we all needed a pick me up, some in the form of double chocolate and m&m cookies and others in the form of double chocolate, m&m candies and wine, lots of wine!!! Hands up if you are with me on that!! It has been quite a week. Anyway, these cookies use the same double chocolate chip recipe I’ve posted before but with the bonus of m&m’s, which make them even more delicious than normal. Buy the sharing size bag so you have extra candy after you bake these. I did and it was well worth it! Enjoy!
Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1&1/2 cups m&m candies
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl combine butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla and cocoa.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in m&m candies and chocolate chips by hand. Using an electric mixer will break the candies.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. If you want all the cookies to be very round and look the same you can roll the dough into balls and place on the cookie sheet, but this isn’t necessary.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.