Holy Moly!! Week 42! Only 10 more weeks to go!! I honestly cannot believe it!! To mark this milestone, I have a very special cookie for you! This cookie is totally out of my comfort zone, which I sort of love of about it. My brother, who works for Bear’s Barbeque in Connecticut asked me to create a cookie using a Bear’s product. They just launched a product line of all their amazing rubs and sauces that before now you could only get on their actual barbeque. My favorite product so far is the pork rub. We were able to try out the product this summer and have been using it on ribs and it is unbelievably delicious. I just needed to figure out how to work it into a cookie. After some research I decided that these cookies were the way to go. Don’t worry, if you don’t have Bear’s Pork Rub on hand you can make these with some extra brown sugar, but if you want to order some here is the link to do that (https://bearsbbq.com/store). As of post time the store isn’t opened yet, but it should be soon and I will update here, when that happens. As always, enjoy!!
Bacon Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes roughly 2 dozen cookies)
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1&1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Bear’s Pork Rub or 2 additional Tablespoons of brown sugar (plus more for cooking the bacon)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1&1/2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay bacon strips on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with pork rub, or brown sugar (if using brown sugar, monitor to make sure it doesn’t burning) and bake for 15 minutes until crispy taking out halfway through to flip and sprinkle the other side with rub or brown sugar and finish cooking for the remainder of the time. When the bacon is done and cooled chop 4 slices into pieces and set aside. Chop 2 slices into pieces and set aside in a separate small bowl for sprinkling on the top of the cookie.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl of using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the pork rub, or extra brown sugar if not using the rub and mix until combined.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and bourbon and mix until combined.
- Stir in bacon and chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or large rounded Tablespoons, drop dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. The cookies will spread a good amount, so put about 8 cookies on each cookie sheet.
- Using the reserved, chopped bacon place several pieces on each dough ball.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack